A Global Vision
It is the area within World SB14 Barcelona in charge of gathering and presenting, in the most clear and structured way possible, the global challenges that the building sector faces, as well as the approaches we have to tackle them. In addition, a process that leads to answering them will be established.
Its goal is to provide the Conference with a Roadmap that allows the building sector to meet the global challenges, considering its local or regional scope, but considering the limitations that these same challenges pose to their solution.
This Roadmap is composed of three sections:
- 1/ A global diagnosis, that gathers all information available from the most prestigious and reliable sources, and that highlights:
- Future challenges of the building sector, including the demand for building that the global population increase will generate.
- Global limitations that affect the building sector – energy, climate change, etc. - and their impact on its future.
- The real situation the sector is in, including its current tendencies, as opposed to these challenges and future scenarios.
- 2/ A procedure, with the participation and leadership of the most important global actors within the sector, such as the Conference promoting organizations and others like WGBC. This process will include the following steps:
- A bottom-up process from all the different countries and regions such that, starting from a local diagnosis, identifies their challenges and possibilities.
- Matching the results of this process with global limitations.
- Establishing mechanisms to disseminate and exchange views, strategies, technologies, etc. between regions, leading to the best action tools.
- Promoting action plans in all countries and regions, in accordance with the challenges, and instruments to tackle them.
- 3/ A procedure coordination and monitoring committee. An organism that encourages and monitors the results of the process set up in each step. This committee, which will count on the cooperation of key world organizations, will coordinate the opportunities it finds in the sector.
Previously to the WSB14 Barcelona Conference, the promoting organizations will prepare this area aiming to debate it within the Conference. In order to do so, the event is structured as follows: joint sessions will be organised, keynote sessions delivered and closing debate sessions will wrap up each day of the Conference. Furthermore, as a culmination, a single document with all the final conclusions will be released.